We encourage you to support Mountain Top Arboretum through membership, donations, planned giving, and special contributions in honor of family and friends. Your gifts help us to pursue our mission of horticulture, education, and environmental stewardship.
Contribute to the Capital Campaign for our new Education Center -- read more.
Become a member
Membership benefits include:
- Free or discounted admission to MTA workshops and events
- Special events and tours for members
- Access to the MTA library reference collection
- 10% discount on plants and merchandise at the annual Garden Fair
- Free or discounted admission and other privileges at nearly 200 arboreta, gardens and conservatories across the United States, Virgin Islands and Canada as part of the American Horticultural Society.
Donations provide unrestricted funds that support everything from educational programming to the purchase of trees and shrubs. Your membership gift ensures that the Arboretum advances its mission to promote horticulture, education, and environmental stewardship. Donors are members of the Arboretum and receive benefits and privileges. Consider joining our community of supporters.
- $25 Individual – your donation could help to purchase twenty-five Little Bluestem plugs, a native grass that grows in meadows and our spiral labyrinth.
- $50 Family – your donation could help to purchase twenty-five flowering Butterfly Weed, a bright orange native flower that attracts monarch butterflies.
- $100 Friend - your donation could help to purchase four Shadbush, the native shrub that blooms when the shad run upriver.
- $500 Supporting – your donation could help to purchase four Paper Birch, an iconic mountain top tree.
- $1,000 Patron - your donation could help to purchase a Hemlock Hedge for research in saving this forest giant from the invasive wooly adelgid.
- $5,000 Benefactor – your donation could help to purchase and plant a grove of ten Sugar Maples, the fiery fall stalwart.
Special Gifts and Memorial Contributions
Commemorative gifts are a meaningful way to celebrate special occasions including birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries or to honor and remember a family member or friend. The Mountain Top Arboretum accepts contributions in any amount in honor of an individual or organization. Acknowledgement letters are sent to the donor and to the gift recipient or their family. All gift amounts are confidential.
Planned gifts can be customized to an individual’s needs and may maximize estate, income and gift tax benefits to the donor. Please contact us for further information.
JOIN VIA MAIL
If you prefer to join via US mail, please print the Membership Form and mail it in with your payment to: Mountain Top Arboretum / PO Box 379 / Tannersville, NY 12485.
Tax exempt Status
The Mountain Top Arboretum is a non-profit corporation formed under the laws of the State of New York. Further, the Arboretum is qualified as a tax exempt organization under the Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue, making contributions to the Arboretum tax deductible as permitted by law. The Arboretum prepares an Annual Report which is submitted for approval to its Board of Directors, a copy of which can be obtained upon written request.
Don't hesitate to call us at 518.589.3903