Mountain Top Arboretum is open every day dawn to dusk, year round.
MTA is a public garden, which is different from a public park. Following our rules will help us do our job of caring for the plants so that all may enjoy this very special place.
- Please smell and touch the plants; but do not pull or damage them.
- Please walk on the grass, but not in the flower beds.
- Stay on the trails in the wilder areas.
- Allow others to enjoy nature’s sounds – please use headphones.
- Dogs are not permitted in the West Meadow or the Woodland Walk. Dogs are permitted in the East Meadow and Black Spruce Glen but must be leashed in the East Meadow.
- No food, picnicking, barbecuing, ball playing or swimming.
- Please only park in designated areas and respect our neighbors’ privacy.
Thank you for your cooperation.
And don't forget:
- Bring and drink plenty of water!
- There is no public telephone.
- Restrooms are located near the parking area.
- It is difficult to push strollers and wheelchairs on most of the paths due to the soft surfaces.
- Bird watching, painting, drawing and photography are encouraged!